Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday: I Feel Ambiguity

No blockquote! Surprise!

I know, that's a first, isn't it? Today finally feels like summer which makes me extremely happy. I'm ignoring all the outside pressures and anxieties I have for a while (even though they are picking at me somewhere in the back of my mind) and not worry about anything until at least Wednesday night. Why? Because Tuesday I will be at the House of Blues on Lansdowne St. in Boston enjoying myself as Rancid sings all my troubles away. The headliners are Rise Against, who are being supported by Rancid (which makes NO fucking sense to me, I think RA should kiss the soles of Tim Armstrong's converse) and Billy Talent but I got tickets just because Rancid is playing. Honestly, I couldn't even remember the names of any Billy Talent songs.

Enough of that, I returned to the movie theatre this weekend after many beach-at-night exploits as my weekends usually consist of. My friend and I decided to see The Ugly Truth with Gerard Butler. Now let me say this before you groan and roll your eyes at me, I already knew how the story was going to play out just by watching the previews/trailers. So I wasn't expecting a life changing plot and ending, not at all [but Gerry is a wicked actor!]. On the other hand, it was pretty funny- after I yelled at some loud mouth asshole behind us to shut his fuckin' mug. Movies are great- too bad they couldn't come up with a device that weeds out the assholes and puts them all in the same theatre with each other. Assholes, theatre 6. Let everyone in theatre 11 enjoy their movie. All the mothers with babies, theatre 14. See how much they enjoy being in a room with 50 others just like them and what that will do to the next time they decide to go see a movie.

I don't have much for you this Sunday, I didn't accomplish much over the weekend, other than having a good time. AND, I think that's what it's all about. Too many people let the stupid shit get them down. I have clothes on my back, a roof over my head, and food in the fridge. Singing to myself, life is good. Fuck the world.

I love you all.
Live it up.
-Napalm

No comments: