Friday, July 24, 2009

Photo Fiasco and the Original Bunny Gang

Sorry there hasn't been a post in a bit, but it's hard to top the last post- and probably will be for a while. Technically, the last post was for Thursday but something is wrong the timestamps. I have no idea, as long the day is right, but don't take the times as they are, just pay attention to the dates. I've been starting a lot of posts off with blockquotes, what's up with that?



I wanted to make sure all you lovely people got a post before I disappeared for the weekend.

So this morning I decide to see how my camera was doing after Tuesday (see previous post for explanation) and took a photo of my room. When I went to the memory I had noticed about 15 photos of the Warped Tour had returned to what I thought was a blank memory card. With every photo I took more and more photos I though I lost had returned until ALL of my WARPED TOUR footage was returned. All those awesome photos&video of NOFX and Bad Religion! I was jumping around the kitchen like an excited pogo kid on crack this morning. You can add me on Facebook to see the photos and video or just send me a message, since my photos and videos are visible to everyone. I'd just have to send you the links.

Another exciting discovery I made last night: Nathen Maxwell and the Original Bunny Gang. For those of you who don't know, Nathen is the bass player and back-up vocalist for the group Flogging Molly. Ever since I bought Drunken Lullabies -my first Flogging Molly album- I have wanted Mr. Maxwell to sing more and more songs, even front his own band. AND NOW, it has come true! My dream of a Nathen Maxwell Fronted band. It's a very exciting ordeal, and I love his voice. You can hear him do lead vocals in songs like "Queen Anne's Revenge" and "Cruel Mistress". Another personal favourite of mine is him doing The Descendent's "Suburban Home" which can be seen here:



Although the vocals of "Suburban Home" are different than those on his new album, due out August 19th. You can hear The Original Bunny Gang's sound on his myspace: www.myspace.com/nathenmaxwell Drums are provided by Nathen's dad who actually introduced him to the likes of Flogging Molly, so big props for Papa Maxwell for supplying Flogging with one of my favourite bassists, and to Nathen for just being Nathen.

That's all I have for you today my loves. Any questions or comments live them here or follow my links. Until next time...

Turn it up fuckin' loud,
-napalm

No comments: