Sunday, July 19, 2009

Salt & Tylenol: Weekend Wizardry

First I would like to say RIP Frank McCourt. Frank passed away today at the age of 78 from Meningitis. Within all his amazing writing, he has written two of my favourite books. He is one of the inspirations that has kept my pen moving and it's a sad day for your humble narrator. "The sky is the limit. You never have the same experience twice." - Frank. Now here's to tonight's blog...


Добрый вечер, Buenas noches, Good evening...


Sorry you're getting this post so late lovelies. I'm finally shaking this headache/pain in my brain that I have had for the past, oh, 26 hours. Finally feel like a human being again. My computer also took a 3 foot drop off of my bed about an hour ago and I had to pop a piece back into place, so a small heart attack also threw me off posting.

As I expected, this weekend is what I needed. Friday night, had a great dinner at Chicago Uno's and caught a movie at 7:30. After the movie we headed to the beach to run around in the dark waves and just be with all the late night people out on the sand until about midnight or so. We even had a pick up footy game with a wiffle-ball we found floating the waves.

Can you guess what movie I saw? Bet not. I saw Harry Potter.

I know that's not like me, but a friend and I went to see the 6th installation of the Potter series: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. And to tell you the truth, it was pretty bad ass. I mean, yes it's wizards and knee deep in the fictional world but I like the movies. This is coming from someone who read the first two books when she was 9 and quit after that. Dumbledore has a pretty kick ass scene as well that had me yelling "You're the fucking man!" in the theatre. The acting is improving as the main characters age and has more serious underlying stories than when they were the cute mini-wizards of years past. I still can't stand looking at Daniel Radcliffe - I apologize to all the fangirls out there but there's something about him that bothers me. Although, the part where he drank the Luck potion (whatever it's name was?) and he was going to see Hagrid (spelling?) absolutely had me rolling on the floor. Hilarious. All in all, a pretty good movie and I'd see it again.

Now, in theme of Harry Potter, there is another movie I would like to see. Cherrybomb. Rupert Grint, the actor who plays Ron Weasley in Harry Potter, also stars in this independent film that we may never get to see. So here is the trailer, it speaks for itself, instead of me giving you a synopsis. And if you want to see it, or just want to make me happy, help it get distributed in the U.S. or your home country by signing a petition to get it out there @ http://www.rupert-grint.us/wordpress/cherrybomb-distribution-campaign/

Cherrybomb Trailer


Well that was a long post. Thanks for sticking around through it all darlings. I'm off to watch Snatch and finally listen to some music now that my head is letting me. Hopefully I'll be seeing you tomorrow with some more news...


Where's your head at?
-napalm

No comments: